Research Expertise and Focus
Women’s mental health during and around the time of pregnancy; reproductive and perinatal loss
Memberships and Leadership
- President, Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance, 2009-2011
- Advisory Council, Mothers in Sympathy and Support Foundation
- National Association of Social Workers
- Community-Based Participatory Research Award, Women, Loss, and Depression: Collaborative Knowledge Building from the Process of Findings of a CBPR Pilot, 2007-2008
Education and Training
- Ph.D. , Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
- M.S.W., Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- B.S.W., State University of New York College at Buffalo
- Search PubMed for Price SK
Jallo N, Elswick RK Jr, Kinser P, Masho S, Price SK, Svikis DS. Prevalence and Predictors of Depressive Symptoms in Pregnant African American Women. Issues Ment Health Nurs. 2015 Nov;36(11):860-9. doi: 10.3109/01612840.2015.1048014. PubMed PMID: 26631857.
Bentley KJ, Price SK, Cummings CR. A psychiatric medication decision support guide for social work practice with pregnant and postpartum women. Soc Work. 2014 Oct;59(4):303-13. PMID: 25365831
Price SK, Masho SW. What does it mean when we screen? A closer examination of perinatal depression and psychosocial risk screening within one MCH home visiting program. Matern Child Health J. 2014 May;18(4):765-71. PMID: 23793488; PMCID: PMC3844002
Price SK, Cohen-Filipic K. Daily life or diagnosis? Dual perspectives on perinatal depression within maternal and child health home visiting. Soc Work Public Health. 2013;28(6):554-65. PMCID: PMC3744772
Price SK, Bentley KJ. Psychopharmacology decision-making among pregnant and postpartum women and health providers: informing compassionate and collaborative care women’s health. Women Health. 2013;53(2):154-72. PMCID: PMC3646310
Price SK, Corder-Mabe J, Austin K. Perinatal depression screening and intervention: enhancing health provider involvement. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2012 Apr;21(4):447-55. PMCID: PMC3321675