Research Expertise and Focus
- Adolescent sexuality and pregnancy, especially among African American girls, girls in the juvenile justice and child welfare systems,
- Sexual and domestic violence
- Chair, American Sociological Association Section on the Body and Embodiment
- Board Member, Society for the Study of Social Problems
- Editorial Board Member, Gender & Society
- Institutional Representative, Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
- Consultant , Office of Women’s Health federal grant program focusing on girls at risk for juvenile delinquency/HIV evaluation
- Research consultant, Project Dawn in Richmond, Va.
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of Delaware, Newark, Del.
- M.S., Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- B.A., James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Va.