Research Expertise and Focus
- Substance abuse and behavioral interventions in patients with substance use disorders.
- An analysis of exercise and nutrition profiles in a community sample of women and men with substance use disorders. Funded 2009 through Community-Based Participatory Research Seed Grant Awards by the VCU Institute for Women’s Health to the Substance Abuse and Addiction Recovery Alliance of Virginia. Researcher
Education and Training
- Pharm.D., Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
- B.A., Spanish, and B.S., Pharmacy, Butler University, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Search PubMed for Dillon PM
Dillon PM, Chakraborty S, Moskaluk CA, Joshi PJ, Thomas CY. Adenoid cystic carcinoma: A review of recent advances, molecular targets, and clinical trials. Head Neck. 2014 Dec 8. doi: 10.1002/hed.23925. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID:25487882.
Thomas NE, Kricker A, Waxweiler WT, Dillon PM, Busman KJ, From L, Groben PA, Armstrong BK, Anton-Culver H, Gruber SB, Marrett LD, Gallagher RP, Zanetti R, Rosso S, Dwyer T, Venn A, Kanetsky PA, Orlow I, Paine S, Ollila DW, Reiner AS, Luo L, Hao H, Frank JS, Begg CB, Berwick M; Genes, Environment, and Melanoma (GEM) Study Group. Comparison of clinicopathologic features and survival of histopathologically amelanotic and pigmented melanomas: a population-based study. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Dec;150(12):1306-314. PubMed PMID: 25162299; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4262611
Dillon PM, Olson WC, Czarkowski A, Petroni GR, Smolkin M, Grosh WW, Chianese-Bullock KA, Deacon DH, Slingluff CL Jr. A melanoma helper peptide vaccine increases Th1 cytokine production by leukocytes in peripheral blood and immunized lymph nodes. J Immunother Cancer. 2014 Jul 15;2:23. doi: 10.1186/2051-1426-2-23. eCollection 2014. PubMed PMID: 25126421; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4131803.
Stukenborg GJ, Blackhall LJ, Harrison JH, Dillon PM, Read PW. Longitudinal patterns of cancer patient reported outcomes in end of life care predict survival. Support Care Cancer. 2015 Nov 16. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 26573279.
Romano AM, Wages NA, Smolkin M, Fortune KL, Atkins K, Dillon PM. Tubular carcinoma of the breast: Institutional and SEER database analysis supporting a unique classification. Breast Dis. 2015 Jun 1;35(2):103-11. doi: 10.3233/BD-140396. PubMed PMID: 25567000.