Research Expertise and Focus
- Caesarean delivery techniques, particularly wound closure and the prevention of wound complications
- Cervical cancer screening and prevention
- Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics National Faculty Award for Excellence in Medical Student Education
- Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education
- J. Bay Jacobs Travel Award, American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Foundation
- Philip J. McGovern Teaching Award
- Best Doctors in America, 2003-2012
- Editor-in-chief, Medscape Reference OB/GYN online textbook
Education and Training
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn.
- Undergraduate, Williams College, Williamstown, Mass.
- Residency in obstetrics and gynecology, University of California, San Francisco, Calif.
- Search PubMed for Chelmow DP
Waxman AG, Chelmow D, Darragh TM, Lawson H, Moscicki B. Revised terminology for cervical histopathology and its implications for management of high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions of the cervix. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Dec;120(6):1465-71. PMID: 23168774
Chelmow D. Screening for cervical cancer. ACOG Practice Bulletin Number 131. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Nov;120(5):1222-38.
Chelmow D, Waxman A, Cain JM, Lawrence, HC 3rd. The evolution of cervical screening and the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Apr;119(4):695-9. PMID: 22433332
Viney R, Isaacs C, Chelmow D. Intra-abdominal irrigation at cesarean delivery: A randomized controlled trial. Obstet Gynecol. 2012 Jun;119(6):1106-11. PMID: 22617574
Lerner D, Parsons SK, Justicia-Linde F, Chelmow D, Chang H, Rogers WH, Greenhill A, Perch K, The impact of pre-cancerous cervical lesions on functioning at work and work productivity. J Occup Environ Med. 2010 Sep;52(9):926-33. PMID: 20798642