Research Expertise and Focus
- Natural childbirth
- Cesarean section technique
- Contraception and reproductive health
- Roberts/Talley Award, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Outstanding Teacher Award in Medical Education, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Top Docs 2010 in gynecology/obstetrics, Richmond magazine, 2011 (top vote-getter in category), 2010, 2009
- Mentor, residence research project
Education and Training
- M.D., Allegheny University of Health Sciences, Philadelphia
- B.S., Cornell University, Ithaca, N.Y.
- Residency, VCU School of Medicine
- Search PubMed for Isaacs CR
Stefansson L, Isaacs C, Ivey S, Carroll A. Hide and seek: surgeons discovered multiple omental tumors during a hysterectomy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Jan;210(1):89.e1. doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2013.05.018. Epub 2013 May 9. PubMed PMID: 23665243.
Brickhouse B, Isaacs C, Batten M, Price A. Strategies for Providing Low-Cost Water Immersion Therapy With Limited Resources. Nurs Womens Health. 2015 Dec;19(6):526-32. doi: 10.1111/1751-486X.12247.
Mousa AA, Archer KJ, Cappello R, Estrada-Gutierrez G, Isaacs CR, Strauss JF 3rd, Walsh SW. DNA methylation is altered in maternal blood vessels of women with preeclampsia. Reprod Sci. 2012 Dec;19(12):1332-42. PMCID: PMC4046447